Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday April 8

Happy Birthday Dan! Yes he loved the Nascar but was afraid to go on anything but the merry go round. Oh well, he's only 3, there'll be a lifetime ahead of driving fast and doing thing reckless.

90min Bike
I had a 90min bike ride today that consisted of big grear work 15 min at 60rpm and 10min at 70 rpm and 20 min to end things at tempo pase. Again, very interesting and I should remember this... It was much easier to control my heart rate when staying in the small ring. I did the last 2 sets in my small ring and noticed right away that I was able to hold the same wattage for the 70rpm as I did for the 60 rpm and my HR didn't go nuts... For the 20min set I chose 205. Although I didn't stay in the 150HR that Dave suggested, It was manageable at 158-160HR.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bryan,
    Thats funny you mention it's easier for you to keep 'cool' on the small ring. I do the same drill: 15m on the small ring (25 km/hr @ 90 rpm), 15m on the big ring (25 km/hr @ 65 rpm), and so on, but. For me it's much easier to control the HR on the big ring! I also noticed your heart rate is quite high (although that doesn't mean anything), just like mine usually!

    ReplyDelete