Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday April 25th

4.5 hr ride and 45min run
I think today might have been my longest ride yet. We covered 123km 4:23. We left from Gregs house and basically went out to kettleby and down and around to Hockley Valley. What a nice place. I couldn't tell you how to get there but the scenery was great. Because I didn't have the directions, I had to stop a bunch of times to figure out the next turn but it was nice to stay together since we were a group going out together. Although as the rides go on I'm either going to have to ride on my own or bring a map. I don't mind stopping but I know I'm not going to do it race day so I need to get into the habit.
The way out was a little windy, we thougt the wind was coming from the west and we arrived in Hockley after being on the bike 2hrs. After a quick refuel and bathroom break, we continued on a little to make up a little distance that we needed and turned around for the "wind at your back" ride home. There were some good stretches - I call them "pro" stretches - were you're going so fast you feel like a pro racing down the road. There also seemed to be a wind shift and now the wind was coming from the south. Coming out of Kettleby was brutal - maybe I was getting tired or maybe I just needed that easy gear going up a hill again.

We rolled into the driveway of Gregs and it was almost 1:30pm so unfortunately I knew better then to go for a run when I said I would be home.
Home, showered and ready to clean at 2:15 as promised.

No comments:

Post a Comment