Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sunday / Monday April 12th and 13th

Sunday April 12
90 min run 
The problem with this sort of cold / sort of warm weather is that it's tough to figure out what to wear and then finding the motivation to get out wearing the wrong clothes.  Because I had two big days the days before, I opted to pass on the run today - partly because I just wasn't feeling right about the run and I think I was tired a little from the hard work before.  
I'd better be careful I've missed a couple long runs now and that could add up...

Monday April 13
Easy spin - I was really excited today that I got back out on the bike in the morning for my 3rd 3hour ride of the weekend.  I was happy to get out again because on a regular week, I would never get close to 260 kms.  The job was to really spin today - not watch the watts, HR and just spin.  Make sure that I was between 90-95rpm and go.  I saw Peter there and we decided to ride together.  It was great to see him again and he looks like he's right on track for RAAM.  We were able to chat, catch up and just ride.  I'm really happy for him and Adam for getting such a successful business going in these rough economic times.  
Because this was around the first outdoor ride of the year, I've built sort of an unofficial tradition of going out with Peter around the beginning of the year.  Every year I go out with him and every year he demolishes me.  This year was slightly different.  He was still stronger and definitely faster but this year he was waiting for me much less and I was staying strong much longer.  
What I was really proud of was that I was truly riding by feel but I was able to keep an avg of 29 over 3hrs and stayed very true to my cadence of 90-95rpm.  I was also happy that I still felt really strong after.  
I'll really be able to tell how things are going this weekend when I have a four hr ride at 150avg watts and then a 1hr run.  I should be fresh afterwards..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment