Saturday, April 11, 2009

Saturday April 11

Bike and Run

Today was a really cool day! I had been out riding with Lisa Bentley before when I was in Florida over christmas but today was different. The original plan was to meet up with some of their other athletes (I think I was going to be the only other "non pro") and go outside for a a hill workout and run. Well the weather was too cold and Lisa would have frozen so Lisa and Dave invited everyone over to their house to do the bike ride inside. Everyone else cancelled... so it was just me (I really couldn't bare doing three hours in my basement) and Lisa riding together. The really neat part was that we were able to just "Chat" - she asked questions about my family and I was able to pick her brain about a couple of those "I'd been meaning to ask someone, but never got to it questions" - hill riding technique, salt pill useage etc.

The workout was fairly straight forward - 3hrs, with 3x 20min at 200watts with 20min rec in between. The first 2 were good but the third got me... I think my avg watts over the 3hrs was in around that 150-160 range... (I didn't really look but guessed based on the ergo mode of the CT).
Dave joined in after for my 40min run off the bike. He took me onto this great trail near his house that was naturally rolling. My HR was definately in a tempo range but nothing killer. It was manageable and I was still able to want to be part of the conversation.

I feel really lucky to have the opportunity to train with them every once in a while. The tips and encouragement really push me and make me want to be proud of my hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment