Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tuesday April 21

Happy Birthday Annie! Wow one year old - time flies...

AM - Swim
Today was an interesting swim because I've been debating that thought of is swimming alone or along side a group slowing me down more the old NYAC group. The Main part of the swim was 6 times (4x50 on 1:00min and 1 x 200 on 4 min). I didn't really have trouble with this workout, it's just that I wasn't getting more then 10 sec rest after each one. When I was at NYAC I don't believe we did basically 6x400m on pace times and if we did we were always getting more rest then we were supposed to. I think I'm naturally slowing because mentally I'm telling myself "Hey wait! Don't use up all the matches now, you still have 5 more sets to do..."
In speaking with Dave, he suggested that I probably should have had a little more rest, and therefore may need to go on 4:05 for the 200's.
Overall it was a good swim and it feels good to be pushed.

PM - Form Run and Claudia
45 min form run - nothing really to report about this - it was good and I like to be reminded to think while running - engaging the core, loosen the face and so on...

My session with Claudia is so great! She had me working on balance using the spacer ladder. I've always hated this device but today it inspired me.... I never sweat as much as I do during those strength sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment