Monday, April 6, 2009

Monday April 6

So I've been bad and not posted for a couple of days... It wasn't that I wasn't doing workouts, it was just that I was feeling really tired from last week.  The workouts that I did do were sort of half ass and for some reason I feel like I did more damage trying to push hard during the race and thus as a result my IT and part of my quad felt tight up until Friday.  To make matters worse I was also battling one of those "I slept funny and now I have a kink in my neck pains".  Over all it wasn't such a great week....  

I decided that the weekend was going to be better...  I got my act together to get on the bike for a 2hr ride of the IMFlorida course trying to keep 155watts... Maybe my legs were tired or maybe the pace bunny that I set for 150 watts was having a good day... because I was able to keep up for maybe a half hour and then it took off.  It was funny because my avg watts were in around 160 but as I continue to learn about power, more consistent is better - less peaks, less valleys - more straight lines... I guess that also means more changing gears to keep that straight line.  
I had a 20 min run after and went out for a quick loop around the hood.  It did feel good to run again but my legs were definitely still tired even after 20min.

In the afternoon, I went to the pool to get a swim in... my legs didn't fire again, so a little pulling never hurt - the main set consisted of 800m steady pull and paddles so that was ok and as well 8 by 100m on 2:00min - I did a couple without the pull but I found that I was working quite hard for the time that I was coming in at.  

SUNDAY
I was supposed to get a 1hr easy run in, but because nothing was working yesterday I opted to skip the run meet Oren for an easy bike ride.  I didn't want to go too hard but the wind was coming from the North and Dufferin was all hills going north.  So instead of killing my self I staying in my small ring with high cadence and around that 150watts from the day before.  It took about 1hr and 20min to get up to kettleby (about 30km).  The way home was FAST it took about 55min for the same route just going south with a great tail wind.  

What was really funny was my bike compared to Oren's.  In my Aero position I was about 6inches lower then his bike when he was in the drops on his road bike.  Going down a hill - he was pushing and I was able to tuck in a keep up without peddling.   He hated letting my pull because the wind just flew over me and into him.  Interesting how aerodynamics work..

Monday 
Today is a day off - I considered getting up this morning and getting some exercises in but thought against it in an effort to start a fresh week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment