Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tuesday March 31 - no more railings

AM - Strength
I got up this morning at my usual 5:15 to get over to the club for my strength session.  I was nervous that my legs just weren't going to fire and that I'd be trying in vain... After a couple min to warm up, my legs were at least moving.  I had to eliminate the squat to all exercises - the IT and hamstrings and quads were still too sore...  I'm able, even tired, to get that basic plank up to 1:30 without collapse.  I was glad in the end that I made it out - it's always good to get moving again.

Getting to school, I was happy to find that I wasn't completely relying on the railings to get me up and down the stairs - which is a good thing since my class is on the second floor and I refuse to take the elevator..

PM 75min bike

First real workout back, and it's really cool that just two days before I hammered my legs for 30km and now was able to get on my bike and not dred the process. 

The workout was a lot of really high cadence - I'm sure to flush - of about 110rpm.  I kept the resistance to about 120watts so that I could get the cadence up but also keeping in mind that this is still recovery and not a "push".  

I'm now feeling much better as a result and looking forward to getting back in the pool on Wed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment