Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday April 7

AM - Swim 2100m
I decided to join up with Steve and his masters group today so that I could get a little group dynamic back.  I was doing Dave's workout but sometimes it's just nice to be with other people to mentally push you along.  

The main part of the workout was 4 times 3x100m with varying degrees of rest.  Each 100 was to be swam at the same speed and I chose 1:45 as my time today giving me an opportunity to push with little rest and recover when the rest is a little more abundant.  In each 100 I was able to hit my 1:45.  What I noticed was sometimes when you're focussing on running as I had been over the past weeks, you sometimes forget some of the little (but important) technique things.  I found myself thinking roll, reach, and push.  Although I was starting to feel "it" during the 7-9 set with 10 seconds rest, I was happy to know that I could just push a little harder and make it through to 12.  

Easy 40 min run this eve... going to have to squeeze this in probably right after work and run home.  Tomorrow is Dan's 3rd Birthday so we're going to take him to Nascar speedpark today given that tomorrow is Passover and we're at my parents for the Seder.  I think he's really going to like it...  I can just remember going to the Monster Truck show a couple months and to see his big eyes go crazy when they came out... I can only imagine what he'll be like when he gets to ride the cars tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment