Friday, May 8, 2009

Wednesday May 7

60min run
I hadn't been out the running room in a really long time for one of their group runs and see the old gang that I started running with.  They all knew that I started triathlon and was training for the ironman but it's really funny because all of the old gang just expect you to run with the group, join the clinics or they think that you're not training anymore...  That can't be further from the truth - in fact running with the group prevented my training by not allowing me to train MY training because I feel that with the group - you're either not working hard enough so others can keep up or you're working too hard to keep up with others.  I've realized that if you're supposed to do a zone 2 but you're doing a zone 4 to keep up with others you're only preventing yourself from getting better and possibly inflicting yourself with an injury from training too hard...

My run this eve went well it was 60min with some hills thrown in for good measure..  I really hate that 10 and 1 meathod - too much stopping and starting and hard to find that rhythm.... but it was fun to see the old group and get out with Chris the manager there... he's got a pretty good running background and we're pretty similar in terms of our thoughts about running...
 

1 comment:

  1. Good thinking: running should be done on your own Bryan, I totally agree. On top, the tough runs are good for your head so to speak. That's what needs training too, and people forget that sometimes. Just read the e-mail about our little ride in the rain this morning....

    Willem

    ReplyDelete