Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Saturday May 23

A day before my first race I was nervous going into today as Adam had always given me a super, almost why bother workout, today was different.  There was no plan to taper for my race Sunday because that race was just a “go” race.  I hadn’t done any speed work so it was go and get out there and have fun.

Am Swim

6x50 – 25 fast / 25 easy and then 8 x 100 fast on 2:00 with lots of rest. Each 100 I came right in at 1:43/44 and was super pleased with 16sec rest.  The difference today was that I was really trying to over roll or what felt like over rolling.  I don’t think I did anything different except for that and I think it really made a big difference time wise.  

2-3 hr bike 

The plan called for 2/ 3 hrs and was invited out with Larry Optis at Richmond Hill for a group ride.  I wasn’t going hard and was looking to enjoy a nice spin ride.  The group was sort of mixed so we agreed to stick together. 

That worked out really well because along Weston Rd just at the top of that monster hill I blew a flat.  I changed it and then upon inserting the CO2 I snapped the stem… With no more spares.. one of the guys lend me another and helped me back together.  He had this great tool called a quick lever, that is a single lever that rapidly opens and closes the tire.   It was incredible. 

I came back in at 2:20 and now needed a trip to silent sports to pick up some stuff and to get a quick lever… I’m ready now…

No comments:

Post a Comment