Monday, May 11, 2009

Sunday May 10

2hr Ride

I was excited to meet up with John this morning.  I hadn’t seen him in forever and I really did miss not getting together for rides.  John had somewhat of a back issue at the end of the summer last year and was out of commission for close to 4months. 

We had agreed to meet at 7:30 this morning and ride for a couple of hours and be home in time for the Mother’s day festivities.  Man it was cold this morning… probably close to 3 or 4 degrees.  I dressed in my early April attire and I needed all of it.  John lent me an extra pair of gloves to shield that wind. 

We thought about going North/South but the wind was killer, so we went Elgin Mills to the York – Durham line and back.  On the way home we misjudged the wind and found it pretty strong. 

In 2hrs and a bit we covered close to 58km.  Given that it was cold and the company was good, I had a good ride. 

As it turned out I got home and by about 11am the sun was out and the weather was great… Too bad I had to leave at 7:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment