Monday, May 11, 2009

Saturday May 9

Morning Swim with Tereza

I signed up for Tereza Macel’s swim clinic today and I was really excited given that Greg had attended 3 of them and said that it was well worth it.  The forecast for the day was pretty terrible so I was glad to have worked in a swim day today.  Given that I have a somewhat decent stroke I was really looking for that tip to keep me from being flat in the water and roll my body more. 

One neat drill she had us do was during the recovery phase when your arms are moving out of the water – instead of making a high elbow and moving the hand along the water, she had us go as straight as possible and as fast as possible.  When we did this, we naturally didn’t straighten our arms, but created some sort of flick in our hips to roll the body – helping the arms get higher.  It was tiring but it definitely worked.  Another was thinking about the hands as they go into the water and how close the legs are together when kicking making sure the back isn’t arching.  I reaffirmed my decision to work with Dave because working with the pull at the ankles was already one drill he gives me. 

The clinic actually reminded me of Murray Drudges clinic he gave to the NYAC group back in December.  It was good, I probably wouldn’t do it again, but I did benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment