Monday, May 18, 2009

Sunday May 17

5 hour bike and 30 min run

To start, today was probably the toughest ride that I have ever done.  It wasn't that I went too hard because I didn't...  that wind was killer today.  

I started with 2hrs on the computrainer on the Lake Placid Video and was determined to go easy, keep the cadence at 90 or better and just peddal.  After two hour I rode up to Lake Wilcox to meet the gang and go for a two hr ride.  So when you add it all up the 2hr plus the 30min each way and the 2hr ride that made 5 hours.  

The issue as I said was the wind and we started out and going north was tough.  The wind was coming from the west and so we thought south was going to be easy but it turned out to be gusty as going north.  I even had my first fall... My wheel hit the back wheel of Steve and I went down.  Nothing serious just a scrape....

All of this was nothing until I went west along Aurora rd and thankfully Steve was there to share the work because I think the speed slowed right down to about 20kmph or less.  

All told I rolled back into the house at 5:03 and covered 140km.  Given the conditions, I was very pleased.  

No comments:

Post a Comment