Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Monday May 4 / Tuesday May 5

Morning Swim

Monday's swim was good, I guess I'm feeling the need for a recovery week because I was very sleepy getting into the pool this morning.  The main set was 6x100m of that GOLF swimming where you add your time plus your stroke count to get your score.  On 25m I can't really get anything much better or consistently faster then 16/17 strokes.  My time really dogs and what I've realized is that if I go faster I add 2 strokes to make 18/19 an I really go faster.  I think I'll take the added strokes and speed.  Then I had to do 12x100 on 2:10 going one hard and one easy.  I was very comfortable going 1:40-1:45 on the hard sets and easier on the easy ones.  

Tuesday's Swim this morning was great!  I was still sleepy but I'm really enjoying joining up with the group to get a little swimming atmosphere in....
The main set today called for 5x200m with 30 sec rest and swimming these strong and smooth.  I swam them all in the 3:38-3:42 range.  I may have dogged a little given that the next set I had 5x100 but swimming it faster then the half mark on the 200m.  Steve really pushed me on this because my plan was 1:45 per 100 which would put me faster then the 1:51 of the half of the 200m.  He challenged me to 1:40-1:45.  The 1st one I came @1:37 and then next were 1:40-1:42.  I was pretty pleased today...

No comments:

Post a Comment