Saturday, July 4, 2009

Catch Up

Well I've decided I'm not very good at keeping this log up to date. However the reality is that I do enjoy updating it and looking back over time to see what's been done and how I've felt along the way...

Saturday June 27 / Sunday June 28

One of the really great thing about working with Dave and Lisa is the ability be around them and train at the same time. They are such a positive pair and even when the going is really tough.. they exude some sort of "but you liked it though didn't you".
This weekend was tough... Saturday was a long ride and the plan was to be up in Muskoka to ride that Blasted 70.3 route twice to really beat myself up as the last long ride...

Sandra decided that she wanted to come up as well so why not - we book a really nice room at deerhurst and away we went for a weekend getaway.. Sandra would sleep and I would train.
When we got up to deerhurst we noticed that the roads were in bad shap with all of that construction. When I talked to Dave, he suggested that I cut out the 8km from Deerhurst to Dwight beach. I couldn't be happier as I believe that to be the hardest part of the course and I guaruntee that I would have convinced myself to stop after one loop and that 16km done.. So I did two loops around the lake of bays which would add up to right around 155. I wasn't unhappy with that - that was tough riding - similar to Lake placid. I did the two loops in 5:20- right on target to hit 6:30. Off I went after the ride for a 30min out and back run.. Felt great...

I've noticed my HR was a little high off the bike but I'm still conversational and the perseived feeling isn't over doing it...

That afternoon I joined Lisa and Dave as part of their camp for a little swim work out.. We did some drills and then I joined a couple other people for an actual swim. We basically did the swim course - I didn't time myself but this group was fast and I was a little tired. Easy does it.. and relaxed - working on rolling and slipping through the water.

Sunday 3 hr run
Today I ran the new run course. It wasn't much different then last years but the golf course was gone and so were those two out and back roads. Basically this route is an out and back - out to hwy 60 and along to fairy view road and then out and up muskoka rd 3 ( big hill here) and back along the fairy vista trail to the resort.
I added here and there to get the three hours in - I may have run 30 but it might have been slightly less.. My achilles flared just a little so right into the ice bath to cool it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment