Saturday, July 4, 2009

Friday July 3

3hr ride and 2 hour run

I didn't really feel like battling the heavy winds today so I threw the bike on the computrainer and dailed it up to 150watts - and rode... I wasn't overly conserned about getting outside for this as Dave had told me the real goal was to figure out all of the nutrition issues and practice them..
I tried using a concentrate bottle - good idea but I have to take the sponge out before pouring..
I added another bento box to carry all of the food I need.. didn't rub and was a good idea - remember to put it all in a zip lock in case of rain from above...

I really don't want to depend on the Special needs bag - just in case I don't get and I don't want to really wait around for it...

2hour run off the bike
This run was also great! 21.25 km in 2hrs. I decided that I wasn't going to use my fuel belt but instead a single bottle and refill it when necessary... Again I carried extra eload and gels, so all I needed was water and no sense in carrying it all for the whole time. Water is water....
It was a great idea and I was happy I did it..

No comments:

Post a Comment