Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wednesday July 8

1hr run
I worked all day today and then did this run... It called for 20 min warm up and then 10 times a 30 second hill with 15min at a 5min per km pace.  

Needless to say the warmup went well and most of the hills.  It was when I got to the pace work that obviously things got tough.  What was interesting was that the 5min pace didn't kill as much as I thought..  In fact when I thought I was at speed, I looked at my watch to find that I was going 4:40 or faster most of the time... So easing up felt much better and doable..

I finished tired and my HR was high.. around 175-180, however it was manageable - not for much longer maybe another 5 or so min.  But next time I would definitely ease up faster and not drive the red line by staying even at 4:45-4:50.

No comments:

Post a Comment