Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday July 6

2hr bike

Part of the best thing about working with Dave and Lisa is that every once in a while I get to do a workout with them.  Today it was just Dave and we met at his house to go for a two hour spin.  It was a great ride but we had to ride up HWY 10 for about 5min - note to self - try to stay off of hwy 10.  We warmed up for about 30min and then landed at this road and that was going to be the workout - hills.  The hill didn't look too bad (mostly because I couldn't see the whole thing).  The plan was to ride the hill 6 times. 
The first time I barrelled up the hill not knowing what to expect...  that was a mistake...  The road takes Lisa about 6min to climb - me about 7 - not bad... but that was the first time.  I knew that if I was going to last another 5 laps, I was going to have to find a better gear.  
All told the next 5 laps went much better and my time didn't slow that much - I just found a better gear and kept my cadence as close to 90 as possible as opposed to 75 on the first time.  My HR did climb really as high as 170 each time but the really cool part was watching it fall right to 110 on the descent.  
2hrs later and 55km in the bank I was pretty pleased with my pacing efforts...

No comments:

Post a Comment