Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday July 15

So again I was a little crunched for time so I just did my run today and will bike tomorrow.. As things are sort of flexible at this point..

The run was a warm up and 5 x 1 km "punches".  Dave suggested that I go at about 5:00per km but I was feeling really good today so I hit it hard.  Each km was finished in 4:40 and a full three min recovery in between.  I was really happy and now feel that my run is almost there...
Cool down and done...

I had my last strength workout last night and met up with claudia after the workout for a little beer and nachos to celebrate my year of working out with her... She has helped me feel stronger then I could really have imagined.. Heck I'm seeing some definition in my legs...
Anyways, the point was we talked a bunch about nutrition for the race.. I realized that I'm eating too much... I can probably do without 1 of my 1/4 pieces.  Without that piece I've still got 350 in calories so I should still be fine...
I also realized that every full bottle that I carry is about 2pounds.  Claudia suggested that one bottle (number 7) be without water and just have eload in it..  This way if I get to it, I just fill it up and if I don't need it then I didn't carry it for 6hrs.  The reason why I don't think I'll need it was that I was reading that it wasn't good to eat right away and allow your body to equalize to an upright position from being lying down for an hour...
Therefore I won't have to worry about that extra bento box because I'll have less stuff... 

any thoughts guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment