Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thursday July 9

AM Swim
So I met up with Scott this morning for an out and back swim at lake wilcox.  Scott is a pretty incredible athlete and came in 7th total the other week at Peterborough.  I knew I wasn't going to be able to keep up with him but I was hoping to be in the same vacinity...

The swim went pretty well and Scott was long done by the time I got to each end.  I was pretty happy about my sighting as I was able to stay fairly on target...

PM - 4hr ride and 30 min run
Because Friday was looking crazy, I decided to shift things around and do this ride today.  Tim - my chiropractor had convinced me to try his aero helmet, so todays ride was to test things out on a long ride.  I knew 4hrs would get me somewhere around 116km, but I'm convinced that with the aero helmet I was able to move at just under a 30kmph pace for the 4 hrs - completing 119.5 km.  My HR was bang on around 145 most of the time.  I could have had a tail wind most of time which may have helped but I was satisfied none the less.  
The run was great... working hard for the 1st 15min and easy for the rest..  
I'm definitely going to keep to the 27-28 kmph range for ironman barring any issues..

No comments:

Post a Comment