Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tuesday July 7

Am Swim

So with all the temperature issues seemingly fixed at the pool I went for another swim.  I also found a great time to go without having to wake up at the crack of dawn to get in the water...

I dropped Nate off at camp and went for my 3500m swim.

 

The workout was a whole bunch of warming up and skills which I like and then a series of 100m sets with decreasing amounts of rest.  I shot of the blocks expecting to really go and then when the first 100 was done – and 20 second break was over, I knew that I was going to have to slow down if I was going to get another 14 100’s in…

The swim ended and I was glad I pushed when I needed to, but most importantly I was happy that I played it smart and did my best by pacing myself.  To often it’s really easy to go hard at the beginning and then stop early because of being too tired…

 

PM Bike

I met up with my friends Ari and Steve, who had just got road bikes and were getting into riding.  I knew that the intensity wasn’t going to be there but sometimes getting together with friends to get out is more important. 

We rode 2hrs and covered about 50km +/- and it was just a fun all around ride.  The wind was tough today… I really hope there’s some reprieve with wind coming back into Lake Placid from Willmington….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment