Thursday, March 12, 2009

Wed March 11 Swim and Bike

A.M. Swim
I made it over the club this morning to do my swim and was surprised to find that it was open at 5:50am - Great! in the water at 6 - 2600m with mix of drills and breathing technics.  I realized that I really am not good at breathing every 7 and 9 stokes.  I can usually get 5 but I find the most comfort and relaxed swimming with 2, 3, and 4 strokes.

PM Ride 90min
Having been using my computrainer now for some time I've now realized a few key items..  todays workout called for a couple 10 min by 2min increases.  I had always done the whole ride in my big ring and really found longer sets tough at +210 for more 15-20min.  So today I did some experimenting and put the gear into the small ring as I would riding outside for those harder sets.  And you know what, it worked... my heart rate was much less - although it's interesting because the load is theoretically the same... any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment