Friday, March 13, 2009

Thursday March 12

AM - Weights
I went over to the club this morning for my strength.  I'm trying some new things and as a result found it tough this morning.  Things like putting the big ball between your legs and doing leg raises were tough and as always the single leg balance stuff.  Hopefully over time this will get easier.

PM - 1hr run w/40 min at 4:50pace
I was nervous to do 40 min at a 4:50 pace, however the different sets leading up to today have paid off.  I like to do runs like this on the treadmill because it keeps me honest.  Treadmills don't lie and if you're not running at speed then you're not doing the proper work.  In the past I have always made the elevation at 1%, however today I kept it at 0 and .5 because I knew I would just over heat and not be able to finish.  To my surprise for the first 20 min my HR was right around 160bpm - low zone 3.  As the second 20min went I ended up doing well and not going over 170 - I would have been somewhere at 177ish with 1% elevation.  I was very pleased...

No comments:

Post a Comment