Monday, June 22, 2009

Sunday June 21

Happy Father's day...

7hrs bike 30 min run.

I headed out the door at 5:45 this morning to meet up with Kathie and John and Willem for another epic long ride. We met at Angus Glen CC - Can you believe the cops told Kathie not to park at Victoria square any more...

We scooted around a little and then went to meet Simon, Sid, Steve and Bern over at Lake Wilcox as they were finishing their swim. We all then headed east out to 4th conscession (I couldn't find it on a map and I wouldn't know which way to walk if I was dropped off there..) and then up to Zephyr and to Lake simcoe and back. Along the way back Kathie lost a spoke and her wheel came out of true. That really freaked me out because - what if that were to happen on race day - what would I do... ride real slow and hope for the best?

The ride was great, nutrition was bang on and aside from a little neck soreness I felt incredible... Over the 7hrs I covered just under 200km (195 I think). The average speed was helped by speeds of over 40kmph going south..

Over all a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment