Monday, June 22, 2009

Saturday June 20

Rain Days

So I was supposed to ride for 7 hrs and run for 30min off the bike today... but due to the miserable weather out there, I just couldn't bare the cold wet feeling again. I've done it enough this year and wasn't interested today.

Instead I headed over to the pool for a swim that I slept in on the other day. The swim was 3300m and the main set was 4x 5x100m. Sets 1 and 3 were on 30sec rest and 2 and 4 were on 10 seconds rest. Because of my issues with the pool temp, swims have been tough to keep pace times. Today is was probably close to 85degrees (still too hot for a low ceiling indoor pool). I made it through - no question but paces were tough... Each 100 I was probably leaving the wall at 2:05 on the 10 sec rest and 2:15 on the 30 sec rest.

I'm not sure what to do about swimming... I know as the old saying goes.. what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger.... Swimming in warm water can't be that bad.. I just have to get enough recovery...

No comments:

Post a Comment